The lead finding in the survey is that more than 80% of buyers said they initiated contact with potential solution providers. Fewer than 10% of recent buyers said that they were contacted "cold" by the solution provider. This finding is similar to the results of other recent research, and it reinforces the proposition that, today, buyers find sellers much more often than sellers find buyers.
The DemandGen Report survey also provides important insights into the behavious of today's B2B buyers.
- 70% of buyers began their research using online search
- 70% of buyers started their research by visiting a vendor Website
- 78% of buyers started their purchasing process with informal information gathering
- 59% of buyers engaged with peers during the buying process
- 48% of buyers followed industry conversations online
- 44% of buyers conducted anonymous online research
This survey also confirms that compelling marketing content has a major impact on winning business in today's business environment. Ninety-five percent of recent purchasers said that the solution provider they ultimately chose provided them with ample content to help them navigate through each stage of the buying process.
So, the jury is in and the verdict is clear. Relevant and compelling content is essential for effective B2B marketing.
You can access a recorded verison of the Webinar here.
Post a Comment